Forms: Employment Standards

  • Content last reviewed: June 2020

Make sure you read the information about completing and submitting forms carefully.

To avoid using outdated versions, we recommend that you do not permanently download any form to your computer.

Some forms may be viewed and filled-in on screen. Due to internet security and privacy issues, forms must be returned to the ministry by fax (where applicable) or by mail.


ESA and EPFNA Claims

This form is used to file a claim under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA) and the Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act, 2009 (EPFNA).

Child Performers Claim

This form is used to file a claim under the Protecting Child Performers Act, 2015 (PCPA).

Notice of Settlement

These forms are used to notify the Ministry of Labour that an employment standards claim has been settled by a claimant and an employer.

For Employers

Notice of Termination

This form is used by employers when 50 or more employees are terminated at an employer's establishment within a four-week period. This is often referred to as mass termination.

Medical Certificate

Medical Certificate to Support Entitlement to Family Caregiver Leave, Family Medical Leave, and/or Critical Illness Leave [PDF, 202 Kb]

This is a form that employees may wish to provide to a qualified health practitioner to fill out, in order to support their eligibility to take one of these leaves.

For your convenience, many of these documents are provided, in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view and print PDF files, you need to have Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer. Download Adobe Reader.